Monday, September 04, 2006

Testing My Patience



ENOUGH!

I've had it with youtube. I was trying to upload my newest KMV and it took me more than 3 hours to do just the first part, and now, the file is still being processed ... more than 6 hours after being uploaded. What the heck is matter people? Yesterday, for a period of time, youtube was down for unscheduled maintainence, claiming they were fixing *stuffs*.

Fixing stuffs my (_|_) !!! Things that are still wrong with youtube;

  • Phantom messages appearing on and off in your inbox. It's like a game of hide and seek, now you see it, now you don't.
  • Old messages still being labeled as unread
  • Video comments not being posted in My Account - I had to manually check my email to see new comments, heck, any comments at all.
  • Member's profile - still not able to update or fill in any info at all
  • Internal Server Error whenever you try to post a bulletin, that explains all the double, triple, quadruple bulletin posts you've been seing aroung the site. This also happens a lot whenever I try to edit my vids, create a playlist etc...so sick of it!
  • Upload speed at best 20 kb/sec - I have Cable connection for heaven's sake, so it's not T1 but it's HIGH SPEED CONNECTION ok? For the last two days, my speed has been capped at 8-15 kb/sec .. totally frustuating!
  • Inability to remove rejected videos (duplicate uploads, length too long, invalid format)
So, what in the world were they trying to fix? The silly front page messages is such a novelty. They are fun at first but the more they try to be comical, they end up looking like idiots. Adding new features, e.g customized URL are a waste of time. How many users really find it useful? Just go back to basics, fix all the bugs, correct the scripts, rewrite the codes if neccessary and just roll out a useful and easy to use site. Enough with all the unnessary add ons, which only add to our frustuation!

3 full uploads in dailymotion equals to one full upload in youtube. You do the math. Boys and girls, I am officially going to upload most of everything I have into dailymotion. If youtube is still as buggy as it is now, I'll have to give up uploading KMVs over there. A total waste of time.

Updates

Uploading

Save The Green Planet @ dailymotion
JSA @ youtube .. could very well be my last youtube upload!

More to come!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so cute... thanks for all the upload.

Keep up the good work and take is easy.

As you always say .. Be happy always.

Cheers

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:33:00 AM  
Blogger Yufeifei said...

Thanks for the encouragement Ben!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your patience and many kmovies that you have uploaded. You may have the stability at daily motion that they will not suspended your videos vs youtube that can be unpredictable. thanks for your work.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home