Sunday, August 27, 2006

Typhoon (Tae poong)

Release Date : 2005
Director: Kwak Gyeong Taek
Writer: Kwak Gyeong Taek

Cast:
Jang Dong Gun ... Shin
Lee Jeong Jae ... Kang Se Jong



Playlist URL

Trailer

Interview 1

Interview 2

On The Set 1

On The Set 2


Sypnosis:

A man without a country finds himself caught between the forces of a divided Korea in Typhoon, the latest film from director Kwak Kyung Taek, the man behind the 2001 box office smash Friend and his 2002 follow-up Champion. In this story of a dangerous game of cat and mouse between two adept adversaries, director Kwak reteams with his Friend leading man, Jang Dong Gun and adds Lee Jeong Jae (from Oh! Brothers) to the mix as the nemesis of Jang's character. In this tense, pulse-pounding adventure, Jang portrays a pirate by the name of Myeong Shin, a rebellious upstart who defects from North Korea only to find himself turned away by South Korean authorities.

Furious at this blatant snub, the fanatically motivated Myeong Shin decides to exact vengeance on South Korea, engaging in a level of terrorism that could very well result in numerous deaths across both Koreas. Myeong Shin's opponent in this high seas adventure is Kang Se Jong (Lee Jeong Jae), an honorable naval officer who'll do whatever it takes to bring Myeong Shin to justice. Much in the same spirit as the hit film Taegukgi, Kwak Kyung Taek's latest is a big budget blockbuster that seeks to comment on North and South Korean tensions, but here the emphasis is not on the bonds of brotherhood, but on the inescapable showdown that will befall these two protagonists!

As the highest budgeted film in Korean Cinema history, with numerous locations including Pusan, Thailand, and Russia, Typhoon is one blockbuster that's sure to make waves among audiences everywhere!


Gallery:




photo credit : hancinema.net

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AzNGeNerAtioN said...

This movie was awesome I love how it details the problems that the north and south have been having for decades and how many nations try to butt in and do something or nothing about it. The end is sad and made me cry and think of how sad the lives of people in the north might me, for us who live in a democratic country like the US we can't even imagine how hard of a life that might be. I'll definitely recommend this movie to anyone cause I know they'll love it as much as I did and never forgett its horrific scenes and actions.
Another thing I wish to become your friend on your youtube accounts my username on youtube is jinx422 and wish to enjoy more of the great movies you've posted. Thanks for all your hard work.

Monday, October 09, 2006 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear korean Movie fans,

I just recently started watching Korean movies and guess what now i am addicted to it. I wanna watch more and more. I am a big fan of Korean movies now. I have a Korean friend here. I watched a few Korean movies from her collection. She got some kick ass movies. I watched "Memories of a Murderer", My sassy girl, Windstruck, Barking dogs never bite, The quite family, Old boy, Sympathy of Mr. vengeance and Shiri, 3 iron, Bad guy, Dreams, etc. I love those moves. I am a big fan of Korean movies now. They are very different and very entertaining.

I wanna watch this movie called "Typhoon". But I cant find the movie here. I checked all the video stores here. Nobody has it. Is there a place where I can download a watch the movie. Please somebody guide me and of course if you guys have any movie recommendations please let me know.

Peace out

Monday, August 24, 2009 9:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home